Chapter 1: It’s a Cold Summer
Chapter 1 will run January – April. It may be winter time, but since we’re turning things upside down, we’ll be reading with Summer Rules. Rules for Chapter 1:
- Format doesn’t matter. Any format counts.
- Price doesn’t matter. They can be free, they can be $50. They can be Kindle Unlimited, borrowed, etc.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Mastodon, Hive, Instagram, TikTok, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky below.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (opens January 1st). When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight”).
- Follow & share reviews on social media. Use #COYER on your posts and look for others posting with the hashtag.
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
Michelle will post the Chapter 1 winner and sign up for Chapter 2 on April 20th. Be sure to have your reviews on the linky by 12 noon EST April 19th for them to be included in the Chapter 1 drawing. Any reviews entered after 12 noon April 19th will go to the Chapter 2 drawing. Keep following Chapter 1 rules through the end of April. Chapter 2 Rules will begin May 1.
This is one of the easiest Chapters of the COYER year and pretty much anything counts. My goal is to read 34 books in the first Chapter.
- Claudia’s Book by Ann M. Martin
- Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen
Leave a Reply