Today’s the day! Summer of Love ’21 is here! I’m co-hosting Summer of Love from today (June 21st) to September 11th, 2021 along with Lenore from Celebrity Readers and Lillian from Mom with a Reading Problem.
Our goal with this event is to spend more time reading and celebrating contemporary romance. I can tell you that I’m excited to be going back to my roots a little with a romance event. I love romance so much and I really am unsure why I don’t read it more often.
I am really looking forward to catching up on some of my contemporary series, trying some new authors, and reading category romances (where my love of romance started!).
We have a full line up of fun things for the summer. Lenore, Lillian, and I are going to be buddy reading 6 contemporary romances; 3 adult and 3 young adult. Each week we’ll also be posting our own individual reviews.
Weekly Review Schedule:
- Monday: I’ll be posting my review
- Tuesday: Lenore @ Celebrity Readers
- Thursday: Lillian @ Mom with a Reading Problem
Our buddy reads are going to be posted every other week and we encourage everyone to participate. Our young adult reviews* will be posted at Mom with a Reading Problem. We will each post our own reviews for the adult reads.
Buddy Review Schedule:
- 6/30: The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren
- 7/14: Once and For All by Sarah Dessen*
- 7/28: The People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
- 8/11: The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson*
- 8/25: The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
- 9/8: PS I Like You by Kasie West*
And just to keep things interesting….*dramatic drum roll* we’ve also decided to do a Zombie Friday feature every other week starting on June 25th. We’ll be reading the episodic zombie romance Love & Decay by Rachel Higginson. I’ve already read the first two and I have to say I’m enjoying them SO much!
I really hope you decide to join us!