Lists make me feel like I have my life in control. When I accomplish the tasks on my lists, I’m happier. I feel more accomplished. The problem is that I’m unrealistic and a bit of an overachiever.
Normally on Tuesdays I make these long complex lists to try and achieve. This month I’m going to start out by setting my intentions for September. I think I’ll still update you on Tuesdays as to where I’m at. I like that part for accountability.
I mostly use Artful Agenda to accomplish my goals. The app has added some major functions that are making it a real game changer for me! They added repeating tasks which is GREAT because I set up my week the same way each week and I have a lot of repeating daily tasks.
They also added the ability to roll over uncompleted tasks to the next day. I like that I can do that so if I find time on another day, I can see all the things that I want to accomplish still that didn’t get done on the assigned day! *fingers crossed that this motivates and not shames me!*
Now for the list of things I’d like to accomplish this month:
- Catch up review notes. – Honestly this shouldn’t be too hard. August was a horrible reading month for me.
- Schedule all pending reviews. – This might be the goal that slows me down. I currently have 14 to schedule but 2 of them I haven’t read yet.
- Once pending reviews are caught up; stay current. – I’m really hoping that once I’m caught up, I’ll stay motivated to stay caught up.
- Schedule all Blogging Ta Da Posts & Wednesday Weekly Wrap Ups. – I really do enjoy sharing with my community. Staying on the edges of things has made me feel out of step with people I genuinely enjoy.
- Block out October posts.
- Draft October weekly posts.
- Draft September TBR review posts.
- Create October 2020 reading goals.
I have a few things that are personal that I want to accomplish as well:
- Build bookshelves for my library – We’ll be purchasing those on Wednedsay
- Unpack all books – December marks 2 years since we moved into this house and I’d like to be completely unpacked. Lol
- Donate books – this one is actually on hold as I found out this morning that they can’t currently accept donations which is what I had expected. So this goal has changed to find a way to store my donations until I can do so.