The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. Borrowed from Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
This week was a bit of a tough week. Jeff and I took two days off in the middle of the week. Normally that’s a reason to be happy! But this week we said goodbye to my husband’s paternal grandfather. My husband and I are both 32 years old and Tom is the first grandparent to pass on either side of our family. That’s right. Up until a week ago we still had all eight of our grandparents. I think keeping that in the forefront of our minds has helped my husband greatly. We have had over 30 years of memories to make with our grandparents. It is still hard to say goodbye; it’s never easy.
Other than that my week was pretty quiet. I did (still am really) participate in Bout of Books this week but I didn’t set any goals because I obviously had other things happening this week. As much as I love reading I couldn’t let it be my focus this week. I still feel like I did pretty well though.
Here’s what we’ve been up to this week:
Previously on Once Upon a Chapter:
- [9 May] Alexa’s Bout of Books 16 TBR and Updates
- [9 May] Stephanie’s Bout of Books 16 Updates
- [11 May] Quick Thoughts: Stephanie’s January 2016 Reads Part I
- [11 May] Sinfully Ever After by Jayne Fresina ★★★★
- [11 May] The Runaway King by ★★★★
- [11 May] Black-Eyed Susans by ★★★★★
- [11 May] The Elite by Kiera Cass ★★★★
- [11 May] The Queen by Kiera Cass ★★★★
- [12 May] Quick Thoughts: Stephanie’s January 2016 Reads Part II
- [12 May] November 9 by Colleen Hoover ★★
- [12 May] Thread Reckoning by Amanda Lee ★★★★
- [12 May] Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell ★★★★
- [13 May] The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh ★★★★★
- [14 May] Discussion: This Ain’t the Field of Dreams Folks
With my new goal of spending as little as possible on my reading addiction (so far, so good!) I have been checking out books from the library right and left. It seems I then enjoy waiting three days before they are due to start the darn thing! I can’t wait until you guys see how much money I’ve saved this month alone by using the library! 😀 Because of that, due dates are kind of shaping my reading choices. I’m thinking I’ll be hitting the library just a little less in June to focus on some of the titles I own!
Any way this week I’ll be wrapping up Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins. I checked out My American Duchess because I wanted some more historical romance in my life and impulse checked this out. I have two other historicals in my pile but I’m hoping to get to those a little later this month! If I manage to finish up these two I’ll be picking up Illuminae. I have the ARC of this book and it is a huge chunker! It’s so heavy too. But I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get to it this week. It’s been sitting around for too long.
What are you reading this week?