In 2015 I hope to get myself together on all levels. In no particular order these are the things I’d love to accomplish this year:
- Stick to my own reading whims. I dropped NetGalley a little over four months ago. I do not miss it. I’ve read some great books that have been in my TBR pile for a few years.
- Don’t let reviews linger. I just finished writing reviews that I had let slack. Some of them go back to October. o.O My new process is to write down my thoughts right after finishing a book and during The Book Vixen’s monthly Write-On Review-a-Thon flesh those thoughts out into reviews.
- Stay within a book budget. This is new for me this year. To be honest, it frightens me. I’m not positive I can do it but I do like a challenge. I’m giving myself $400.00 (and any extra in gift cards) for the year. During this first year, I will strictly be tracking books purchased for myself and any money spent at Paperbackswap.
- Use the library more. This is directly related to the previous goal. In fact, I have a personal goal to have the amount saved by using the library be greater than the amount of money spent on books!
- Get all my books into a system. So there may have been more than a few duplicate book purchases because I don’t have an accurate book inventory. I purchased Book Collectorz some time ago and I really need to start utilizing that. They have a mobile companion app so there is really no excuse.
- Organize my bookshelves. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Seriously. This will be the one that I fail. I have so many books and three shelves. There really is no way to successfully organize that mess. I suppose I’ll be trying though.
- Find a balance with my blog. I’m rather sick of my own all or nothing attitude. I want to blog for fun but I also want to remain consistent. For me, I think that means having a plan of action that allows some wiggle room.
- Re-read Twilight, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, and the Wallflower series. I really shouldn’t spend time re-reading when I have SO many to read but I want to so I’m going to.
- Keep a cleaner house. Our house used to be pretty immaculate. I’m not sure what happened but it could certainly use some work. With a little bit of daily maintenance I’ll have it whipped into shape.
- Be more active. I should be able to rock this goal ladies and gents. I’m about as active as a slug right now. This is not an exaggeration as much as I’d like it to be. I’ve picked up the FitBit Charge and with #FitReaders I know I’ll be able to do this!
- Reduce eating out to once a week. This has gotten out of hand. Most nights it is easier to grab fast food, or a pre-cooked meal or stop by a restaurant and let someone else do all the work. We don’t have kiddos who need good nutrition. It makes it easier to justify. (Whacked thinking, I know.) I’m using Instagram for inspiration. There are so many great people out there working for a healthier outcome!
What are some of your goals for 2015?