It’s important that if you are re-reading this series that you answer the questions based only on the knowledge that we have so far!
1. Not only has Umbridge and her goons attacked Hagrid without cause but no less than four attacked Professor McGonagall. How do you feel about that?
Again it’s moves like this that show just how weak the Ministry’s position really is. If their reasons had been sound, they wouldn’t have behaved like a bunch of cowards and attacked McGonagall like that. No branch of government would purposefully put a PR campaign like the Ministry’s at risk. Sure it happens but not if it can be avoided.
2. With all of this upset going on at the school, would you have been able to concentrate on your O.W.L.s?
I probably would have done spectacularly on my O.W.L.s. There is nothing as a student that you can really do to help or hinder the Ministry’s campaign. I would most definitely been worried about my teachers but when things get to the point where it’s unbearable that’s when I sink myself as deeply as possible into work. It would have been great timing for O.W.L.s.
3. When Umbridge summons Professor Snape to interrogate Harry. Harry seizes his chance to tell an adult about his problem. Do you think Snape will do anything?
I really do think that Professor Snape will do something. I’m not sure what he can do but he is a member of the Order of the Phoenix. Dumbledore trusts him, and as far as we know, Professor Snape has never let Dumbledore down. Professor Snape does have a long held grudge against Sirius and I don’t care what anyone says, most people wouldn’t wish a Voldemort death on even their oldest enemies.
4. The centaurs carry Umbridge off to who knows where. They recognize the horrible person she is but are still mad at Harry and Hermione. Do you think they are right to be mad?
In a way, I completely understand their anger but am completely baffled at the reasons behind their anger. The centaurs seem to be more angry over the fact that humans used them to help rather than they were used at all. So if a centaur or goblin had pulled that same trick it would be legit because their not humans? With this kind of logic they set up magical race barriers just as efficiently as some of the Ministry do.
5. At the end of this section, it becomes clear that Harry has fallen into a trap. Would you have gone to London had you been in Harry’s shoes?
It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. If Sirius is okay and it’s a trap as Hermione suggests but Harry goes to London anyway he looks a fool and is in serious danger. If in fact Sirius is being tortured and Harry doesn’t go then the only person who has loved Harry and been willing to take him in as his own will suffer a horrific death for his lack of action. Sucks either way but I can tell you there would have been nothing stopping me from doing everything in my power to save Sirius even if I ended up looking a fool.