It’s important that if you are re-reading this series that you answer the questions based only on the knowledge that we have so far!
1. Do you think Moody was right to show 4th years Unforgivable Curses?
Given that the Dark Mark was unleashed at the Qudditch World Cup I have to say that I think it was very smart of Moody to teach his students to recognize the Unforgivable curses. It’s mentioned in more than one place in the book that there have been Voldemort sightings. Once being the greatest auror the ministry had, I very much doubt that Moody thinks Voldemort is good and gone. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!
2. What do you think of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students?
I’m sure that this is my personality and not an actual reflection of the students themselves but…….I don’t like them. I don’t. I think that the Beauxbatons students are a little snobby (maybe it’s just Fleur?) and that the Durmstrang students are uninviting. They certainly don’t seem to want to form strong friendships.
3. Do you think that Mad Eye’s theory about how Harry was drawn from the Goblet of Fire has any merit?
I think it’s a pretty good idea. Harry says that he didn’t do it and no one is going to enter Harry because they think he deserves to be in it. In fact, all of the people who love Harry were relieved to know that he was too young to enter.
4. How do you feel about Ron’s reaction to Harry being named a school champion?
I have to say I was a little disappointed. I know where Ron is coming from. I’ve been in his shoes (in a sense). It’s just that a best friend should be there through thick and thin. This is where Rowling’s writing starts to shine for me. She creates characters who aren’t perfect. As the reader you’ll probably shake your head at Ron but still forgive him just like you would in real life.
5. We meet Rita Skeeter, the writer who made fun of Arthur Weasley (not by name in one report) in the Daily Prophet, and she interviews Harry. What do you think of her?
I think that Rita is slimy. I don’t think it was coincidence that she carries around a crocodile bag. She just oozes with false sincerity and all of those other personality traits that scream “DO NOT TRUST ME!” Lol. It was pretty much proven by her quick quotes quill.