It’s important that if you are re-reading this series that you answer the questions based only on the knowledge that we have so far!
1. Aunt Marge insists that there’s something wrong with Harry’s genes so there is no helping him. Do you believe in Nature or Nurture?
Totally a nurture believer. There are some things that can’t be controlled because of genes and some of them are mental and physical illnesses but I think that how something is dealt with and controlled is so much more important in molding the person that we become.
2. Do you think that Arthur Weasley was right in his attempt to warn Harry about Sirius Black?
YES!! I’m sorry but keeping your head buried in the hopes that something will just go away has never done any one any good. (That’s not to say take a big ole stick and go stir crap up!) Particularly in cases such as these where the something is actively happening. Arthur had every right to let Harry know just how serious this situation was.
3. We get our first glimpse of the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher R.J. Lupin. What are your thoughts so far?
So far Professor Lupin seems like the most capable of the three teachers. That’s not really saying much as his competition was in league with Voldemort or a lying charming scumbag. Lupin has a practical working knowledge of the Dark Arts and the students are finally learning the defenses they need.
4. In their first Defenst Against the Dark Arts class the third years must take on a boggart. If you were faced with a boggart what would it turn into?
Again with the hard questions…..I’m such a prissy pansy girl it’s hard to pin down one specific fear. Going with a gut reaction though I’m going with snakes. Big, hissing, slithering, tongue-flickering, sinking their fangs into your legs snakes. I’m not sure that there is a way to make that funny. Oh! Maybe if their fangs were made of rubber but still…..*shivers*
5. Hagrid’s first class went horribly wrong. Would you prefer to study some of the more exotic creatures (like hippogriffs) or stick to something safe like flobberworms?
Remember that prissy pansy girl comment in my previous answer? Yeah, I wasn’t making that up. Totally would feel better starting with flobberworms and working my way up to hippogriffs. I do have to applaud Hagrid on his enthusiasm though. It’s just that large dogs scare me. Horses scare me. To be honest I don’t know that I would have taken Care of Magical Creatures. And I’m just going to take the opportunity to say that I would have punched Malfoy in his face. Right in the face. Malfoy is a spoiled rotten, horrible excuse for a human being and I hate him. That is not from Harry’s skewed point of view either. Malfoy is an asshat. 😉