It’s important that if you are re-reading this series that you answer the questions based only on the knowledge that we have so far!
1. We find out that Professor Snape is going to referee the next Quidditch match. Thoughts?
I was all sorts of against this. I mean there are SO many issues with this. First and foremost, Professor Snape has no love for Harry. The other big issue is partiality. Snape is the Head of House for Slytherin. I have to say I couldn’t understand Dumbledore’s thinking on this one.
2. Harry, Hermione, Malfoy, and Neville are serving out their detentions in the Forbidden Forest. they have a run in with the centaurs. Were Rowling’s centaurs what you expected?
I have to say that Rowling’s centaurs were not what I imagined. Not only are they aloof but they’re just downright confusing and sometimes hostile. I like my fantastical creatures to be nice and accommodating. 😉
3. Quirrell? Huh. Didn’t see that one coming. What are your thoughts on this?
That low down no good yella-bellied….. Well I’m sure you get the idea. I would have never guessed! Though it makes perfect sense when Rowling points it out to us. Quirell had the perfect personality for a stronger personality to come in and steer him in the the direction of their will.
4. I was all about hating on Snape. How do you feel now that he’s been revealed as the not bad guy?
I am so upset that Snape is not the bad guy! I mean come on! He is still a borderline baddie in my opinion. Quirrell had it right when he said something along the lines of Snape skulking around the castle. 🙂
5. What are your overall thoughts of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone?
I think that Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone is a great start to what is a legendary series of books. It is just the right length to get you interested without completely overloading you with information. You fall in love with Harry and all of his friends and it grips you in a way that makes you want to drop right into the next book!