Harry Potter Read Along Week #1 Questions
Welcome to the beginning of the Harry Potter Read Along! This is going to be a long journey but I think we can all agree that it will be a great one. Here are the questions for Week 1. Answers should be posted on April 1st.
1. At the beginning of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Dumbledore makes the decision to leave Harry in the care of his aunt and uncle. We see the results of that decision when Ron and Harry have a run in with Draco on the Hogwart’s Express. Do you agree with Dumbledore’s decision or do you feel Harry should have been brought up among his own people?
2. Hagrid comes to rescue Harry from the Dursley’s in a shack on a rock. If you were Harry would you have left with Hagrid?
3. Harry has a lot of info to digest all at once. He finds out he’s a wizard, there’s a whole magical community, his parents were in fact murdered, and the same wizard you killed his parents attempted to kill him as well. How would you have reacted to all of this?
4. Hogwarts students are allowed an owl, a cat, or a toad. What animal would you choose and why?
5. For the first time in his life, Harry has money and the chance to spend it however he wants. What would you have purchased at Diagon Alley?