I decided to join The Reading Quest by Read at Midnight!
The quest involves picking a character on the quest board and then following the prompts from that row. As you go you can collect EXP and HP.
- All characters will start off with 10 Experience Points (EXP), and each book (in any format: physical, eBook, or audiobook) they complete for the Quest Board will add another +10 EXP. The exception are graphic novels/manga, which will give +5 EXP.
- The exception is for books written by marginalised authors. These books will earn your characters bonus EXP. For each book completed for the Quest, you will gain +20 EXP.
- Adventurers who complete their character’s quest before the challenge period will earn a +50 EXP. You will earn an additional +30 EXP for any additional character quest you complete after that.
- Because I am not interested in employing polynomials or convoluted equations for a reading challenge, I’m going to go ahead and say your character will level up with every +50 EXP. They all start at Level 1.
- All characters begin with 10 Health Points (HP). Every 10 pages you read during the Quest will give you +1HP. The exception are graphic novels/manga, which will give you +1HP every 20 pages.
- Tweeting on #TheReadingQuest hashtag (with meaningful tweets about your current reads, roleplay with your current character, book recommendations) will earn you +1HP each. You can have a maximum of +20HP from Social Media interactions
- Photos of your #TheReadingQuest books or TBR pile will earn you 1HPeach. This contributes towards the maximum of +20HP from Social Media interactions mentioned above.
- We will catalogue the points at the end via a masterpost, and find out who The Quest Champion is! This requires all participants interested in the prizes to link up in the Masterpost at the conclusion of the Quest!
Here is the board!
Credit to CW of Read, Think, Ponder for the artwork.
I have decided on the Mage’s quest which is the first row down.
Johnny noticed I was doing this quest and decided that he wanted to do it as well.
Here are our books for the challenges. I will also be trying to do some of the blue squares on the board which are side quests to add points to your over all total.
The First Book in a Series:
A Book Set in a Different World:
A Book Based on Mythology:
A Book that Contains Magic:
A Book with a One Word Title: