May was a pretty great reading month! I really enjoyed the books that I read and I’m really loving the lack of pressure that I’ve removed from myself. I no longer feel like I have to read the “it” books and I read what I want. I can’t say enough how freeing it is. 🙂 I never realized how strong my own chains were. Any way, I read quite a few books in May thanks to Bout of Books 13 and a week long VERY MUCH needed vacation. I enjoyed most of them and these reviews will go live in July.
Goal: 2500 pages MET!
- Lemon Pies and Little White Lies by Ellery Adams – * * * * – 304 pages
- Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – * * * * – 303 pages
- Matilda by Roald Dahl – * * * * * – 240 pages
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian – * * * 1/2 – 368 pages
- Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas – * * * * – 375 pages
- Even When You Lie to Me by Jessica Alcott – * * * – 341 pages
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas – * * * * * – 418 pages
- Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins – still reading – 154 pages
Hands down Crown of Midnight was my favorite book this month. I can’t believe I have waited this long to start this series!
Total Pages Read: 2503
Total Saved from Library This Month: $0.00
Total Saved from Library in 2015: $28.94
June’s Goal: 2500 pages
The Line Up:
Books from the Library:
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- This Star Won’t Go Out by Esther Earl
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
Books from the TBR:
- Finish Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
- Heaven by Alexandro Adornetto
- Panic by Lauren Oliver
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
- Stitch Me Deadly by Amanda Lee
- New Orleans Requiem by D J Donaldson
- Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins
Obviously the majority of these books aren’t going to be read this month but I find that I like options. With the selection to chose from that I have, I wouldn’t be surprised if June turns out to be the best reading month so far of 2015!
What are you all looking forward to reading this month?