I LOVE to cook! I also love to eat. Recently I joined Weight Watchers and found that food could still be delicious even if it was on a *:shudders:* diet. I decided that I wanted to share some of the awesome recipes that I have found and tried with you. Books and food often go hand in hand (but NEVER in the same hand!) Each week I will share the recipe and my own pictures so you can see what it looks like when an average joe makes it. 😉
This week I present:
Hearty Turkey Chili from Weight Watchers
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 medium fresh tomato(es), chopped
- 1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add oil and onion; sauté onion until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and carrots; cook until garlic is softened, about 1 minute.
- Add turkey; brown meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Stir to break up lumps.
- Add chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, cumin, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, beans and green pepper; bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until meat and vegetables are tender, about 30 to 45 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; garnish with scallions.