It’s important that if you are re-reading this series that you answer the questions based only on the knowledge that we have so far!
1. Proffesor Umbridge pulls rank on Professor McGonagall (thanks to a new educational decree) and issues George’s and Harry’s punishments. If you were Professor McGonagall would you be able to hold back your true thoughts?
I honestly don’t think I could have kept my cool. I have a really hard time not speaking my mind when I know that I’m doing my job. I understand that Professor Umbridge is a danger and I hope that I intelligence would prevail over emotion. I am pretty emotional and my anger (while it takes awhile) does flare hot and quick. I have a feeling that it would just not work in my favor.
2. What do you think of Hagrid’s work for the Order? Do you think it will have done any good?
I think it was incredibly dangerous. I know that Hagrid is someone that I wouldn’t want to come up against in a shady alley but I’m also full human. Take that analogy and replace myself with Hagrid and Hagrid with full blooded giants. I’m surprised that they survived the adventure. I hope that there are some giants who will remember what Hagrid and Madame Maxime attempted to do for them.
3. A lot happens the night before the last day of term. What do you think of Harry’s dream? Or his reaction to Dumbledore when thier eyes meet?
Creepy! That’s what I think. Poor, poor Harry. (That is meant in sincerity, not sarcasm.) He’s had so much going on and then for him to think that he would be the very thing that could destroy all of the people he loves. I’d really like to know what was up with the eye contact thing. All I know for sure is that things are getting steadily worse in the wizarding world and I just want it to be ok again.
4. Neville’s situation is revealed on Chrismtas Day. What do you think about that scene?
I hope that it will help Neville realize that while some kids will make fun of him for his parents being in a permanent ward in St. Mugo’s, for the most part people are awesome and will completely understand. For all intents and purposes, Neville was orphaned just as much as Harry was. 🙁
5. Two times in this section Rowling refers back to Chamber of Secrets (Lockhart & Ginny). Do you enjoy these pointers to past experiences?
I do! I enjoy seeing the series progress and seeing how even back in the second book, Rowling knew what she was going to do three books from that time. I also want to take this time to tell anyone who’s reading the series for the first time, do yourself a favor and re-read the series in a few years. You won’t believe the stuff that you’ll see with new eyes!
6. What do you think of Dumbledore’s decision to have Snape teach Harry occlumency?
I thing that it shows just how much Dumbledore trusts Snape. Dumbledore is giving Snape access to Harry’s mind. I think that Harry most definitely needs to learn occlumency. He’s heard loads of information through the Order of the Phoenix that should not be passed onto Voldemort or they’re back at square one and any success they’ve had will have been lost.